World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
About Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Although not directly offered by Canada, The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is a scholarship initiative that provides opportunities for students from World Bank member countries, including international students, to pursue graduate studies in specific development-related fields at universities in Japan and other partner countries.
Amount of the Scholarship:
The JJ/WBGSP provides financial support to recipients to cover various expenses during their graduate studies. The scholarship typically includes the following benefits:
- Tuition and Fees: The scholarship covers the cost of tuition and other academic fees at the host university.
- Monthly Stipend: Recipients receive a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation, meals, and other necessities.
- Travel Allowance: The scholarship provides a one-time travel allowance to cover the cost of travel from the recipient’s home country to the host university.
- Health Insurance: Health insurance coverage is typically included for the duration of the recipient’s study program.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program has specific eligibility criteria that applicants must meet. The criteria include:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be nationals of a World Bank member country. Dual citizens, where one of the citizenships is Japanese, are ineligible.
- Relevant Professional Experience: Some scholarships under JJ/WBGSP require applicants to have relevant professional experience in development-related fields.
- Admission to Partner Universities: Applicants must have received an offer of admission to one of the partner universities offering programs covered by the scholarship.
- Field of Study: The scholarship is available for graduate-level study in specific development-related fields such as economics, public policy, health, education, agriculture, and environment, among others.
Application Process and Deadlines:
The application process for the JJ/WBGSP is typically conducted online through the World Bank’s Scholarship Application System. Interested applicants should visit the official JJ/WBGSP website to access the application form and review the specific requirements and deadlines.
The application deadlines for the JJ/WBGSP can vary depending on the scholarship category and the academic year. It is essential for applicants to check the scholarship website regularly for the most up-to-date information on application deadlines and guidelines.
As scholarship programs and their details may change over time, I recommend visiting the official JJ/WBGSP website or contacting the World Bank directly for the most current and accurate information on the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, including eligibility criteria, application process, and deadlines.